Where art thou; Obi-Wan Kenobi?
If you haven't seen Star Wars, you wouldn't understand!
"Hope is not a strategy!"
This is about "working out" for abs, you perv!
It has been over a year since the group started meeting @ the temple.
- Are we waiting for someone else to show us properties?
- Are we waiting for angel investors to pour money in our project?
- Are we waiting for a builder/developer to come & design build the project for us?
Here is a no stones unturned approach:
Unless you are content with the progress you have made so far; download this app for the group & start checking off tasks you have done already & plan on tackling next, as a group as well as individually!
Would it make sense to embark on journey without a destination (your goals) & a route (your timeline)? See how many tasks from the following list have you accomplished after a year & whether they matter to you?
LVISC Time line tasks (not in any order of priority)
- find minimum of 10 committed members / early buyers
- predevelopment funds (soft costs: surveys, soil tests, schematic design, etc.)
- design programming (recipe ingredients)
- explore goals & values (commitment to one another)
- decide on luxury living resort with villas or frugal Dharamshala
- army barracks or town houses or detached units
- auto-centric or people-centric design
- "McMansions" or "Not so big houses"
- assisted or independent living
- age restricted or multigenerational
- site selection
- Negotiate options on chosen site
- Buy land
- Create development entity, partnership or corporation
- feasibility study
- site planning schematics
- off site work: street paving, street lights, sidewalks etc.
- utilities hookup
- title search
- value engineering
- greening decision alternate energy considerations
- marketing & sales
- Prepare bids for site work and building construction
- find angel investors?
- Fund raising
- find a banker
- find a lawyer
- find a chef
- architecture, engineering
- schematic design workshops
- Workshop: consensus process
- Workshop: site design
- Workshop: common house
- Workshop: prototype homes
- building permitting & fees
- planning & zoning approval
- common house design
- individual home designs
- common house construction
- moving in
- begin construction
- find builder to partner with
- construction loan interest/fees
- interest on investments
- hire a project manager
- utility hookup fees
- real estate taxes during construction
- bonds & insurance
- title & recording
- grading water/sewer connections
- landscaping pathways & irrigation
- On site paving, utilities
- individual mortgages
- maintaining common facilities
- hire staff (maintenance, maids, chef)
- buy furnishings (donations / sharing pool)
- gym, pool equipment
- ground breaking
- Customization of individual units
- Buying a van
- Decide on Redundancies individual washers, dryers, dishwashers
- Solar HW
- On site medical personnel
- Guest accommodations in common house
- Pool building
- Construction documents
- mortgage broker
- Materials & finishes selection